Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring BAKE

In case you haven't heard, the weather here in Minnesota stinks. Spring has yet to arrive. Everyone is tired of winter. Enough is enough.

I have decided that I am going to make some sunshine for me and anybody else who wants some...it's time for Spring BAKE! There are so many good reasons to start Spring BAKE. Grad parties, Baby and Bridal Showers and even a Wedding or two.

I have my grocery list prepared. I have created some new recipes. I have planned how to BAKE 150 cupcakes in my galley kitchen. Yes, you read it right-150! (More on that later this week!)
I am ready...Bring on Spring BAKE!

First to be BAKED for is Jenny. She's a wonderful mom and a gifted artist. And now a college graduate!  She is my #1 fan of Sweetchericakes and  Confections. I love to BAKE for Jenny. She is the "best billboard" I could ask for!

A while back, I was discussing some new cupcake recipes and the idea of something with peaches came up...maybe a Peach Buttercream? Jenny says "Peaches are my favorite." I BAKED this cupcake for her grad night celebration. 
Peachy Keens

Remember Jello Poke Cake? First, BAKE a batch of vanilla cupcakes either from scratch, I used Amy Sedaris' Vanilla Cupcake recipe or a box mix. Mix up a small box of Jello per package instructions. When the cupcakes come out of the oven "poke" them with a fork and drizzle the Jello over the warm cupcakes. Top with a Peach Buttercream...they are just peachy.

Jenny posted this on Sweetchericakes FB page yesterday...i had a sweet chericake - peachy keen for my mother's day breakfast. totally appropriate =) started my day off sooooo sweet!

Again, congrats to Jenny on her graduation. I am proud of her many accomplishments. One of which is launching her own business...take a look!

I love that Jenny was the first of many reasons to get out of the "Minnesota Winter Funk" and start Spring BAKE. Thanks, my friend!

PS...In this post I gave you all "my" vanilla cupcake recipe.







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10