Friday, April 29, 2011

All I want to know is...

Just in case you missed it, there was a wedding today. I never planned on watching the wedding "live". I thought I could get caught up by watching it fast forward on the DVR,the evening news or right here on the www...
I had my alarm set for the usual time 4:45 am. Wide awake at 4. Decided to get up and do a couple "quiet" chores since the Bubba was still sleeping. I turned on the tv and was instantly attracted to the bright and shiny spectacle. Every channel. Every fact. Every tidbit of trivia. Almost. There was one thing I wanted to know, but never heard.
In the end, it was nothing short of Royalty at their finest.
Whether you watched it on your tv or computer. Whether you slept right through it or just didn't watch all, there is one thing that this wedding did for some of us in the free world. It's like that bit of sunshine on a gloomy day,it makes us feel so good. So, for a few hours today, it wasn't about the horrible losses of life in the war or because of weather, the price of gas or the recession. It was about two people getting married. A breath of fresh air.
Today, I remembered the moment I was married almost 27 years ago, oh how happy I was. I wish the Royal Couple the same for the next 27 years AND beyond.
I almost forgot...All I want to know is, who BAKED the cake?
My Wedding Dress had lace sleeves too!

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! The wedding was beautiful and did you notice that the sun began to shine as soon as the Bride arrived at the Abbey? We all need to escape for just awhile in a real life Fairy Tale, don't we?
    I remember your wedding day,too. What a beautiful bride you were!
    I didn't see the cake, but I'm sure it was spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10